Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Voice Memos item or syncing

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020

MacOS 12.0.1

Music (iTunes) 1.2.0.273

iPhone SE (2nd gen)

IOS 15.1

I record a voice memo on the iPhone the connect the iPhone via USB to the Mac to sync the voice memo to the Mac but it does no transfer. The voice memo does no show in the iPhone items list in Finder. There is no item to include Voice Memos in the sync in Finder.

Any ideas why these options are not available?

Thanks,

Rick

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:57 PM

I'm pretty sure voice memos should be syncing through iCloud these days. See Use the Voice Memos app - Apple Support:

All your memos are available on every device that's signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID. Just turn on Voice Memos in the iCloud settings of each device.

tt2

4 replies

Feb 15, 2022 5:29 PM in response to turingtest2

Hiya turingtest2, I was wondering how you find this if you do not own a Mac device? I had a bunch of voice memos that I so desperately wanted to keep of my son when he was very little and when I gave my iPhone to my son to use at 12 and put his SIM in it asked me if I wanted to move the voice memos to the cloud. I said yes, not thinking. They disappeared off the phone and I cannot find the app on the cloud at all.

I am gutted :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Voice Memos item or syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.