Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos from iOS 15 don't sync / download to iTunes 12.9.5.5

Since I've been using an iphone 12pro, my voice memos don't sync or download to my macbook pro (running under Mojave and itunes 12.9.5.5). I've seen this issue elsewhere, have just spent three hours with Apple support (1st and 2nd level) only to be told you need to upgrade your mac os.

Thanks a mill.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:17 PM

Try See your voice memos on all your devices - Apple Support. It looks like you should be using the Voice Memos app in Mojave rather than iTunes.

tt2

6 replies

Feb 18, 2022 12:48 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your reply and the hint, tt2.

The link says I need to turn on iCloud drive to be able to do this. I don't use use iCloud drive due to privacy reasons. My data belongs on hardware I control. Even Apple cannot guarantee me 100% security, that's why.

And the Voice Memos App on my Laptop does not allow me to do anything with VMs except record them. It's dated 2018 so may be outdated. As far as I can see there is no update for it either (at least not for Mojave).

I cannot upgrade from Mojave due to legacy software concerns.

So from what you write, I'm basically stuck.

And I thought Apple products and s/ware were 100% compatible backwards (at least on the intel platforms), oh dear!

Feb 25, 2022 8:32 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks a lot for your efforts tt2.

If that is the solution, unfortunately I can't test it, since I'm not using iCloud drive and have not intention of doing so.

This also shows in which direction Apple is going.

This means that I shall have to use cumbersome workarounds. This way, I can get my VMs copied onto my laptop (and backed up).

It's a shame that Apple assumes it alone can guarantee privacy through its iCloud drive service. Well I beg to differ.

Voice Memos from iOS 15 don't sync / download to iTunes 12.9.5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.