Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iCloud+ Storage

Hi, folks.

Looking for some guidance as to how best to handle this situation.

--a while back my wife started a subscription to an iCloud+ storage account using her AppleID

--we recently started using Family Sharing using MY AppleID as the organizer

--we decided to try Apple One, using MY AppleID

--we now have TWO large iCloud storage setups

So, the question is, how can we end HER iCloud+ storage account in order to use the NEW iCloud+ storage created via Apple One?

Is it as simple as downgrading her plan with her AppleID, then sharing the NEW plan created with MY AppleID?

Thanks for reading. Any insight is appreciated.

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:09 PM

It's even simpler than that. See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 6:09 PM in response to buttfacemigillicutty

It's even simpler than that. See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Transferring iCloud+ Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.