Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch App not allowed me to log in

When I click on “my watch” on the Apple Watch app on my iPhone it continues to prompt me to pair my watch but I’ve had it for 3 years now. When I do pair it I get a notification that my watch has already been paired to another iPhone. All I want to do is log in so I can see more data on my watch but there is no sign in button anywhere on the app

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:02 PM

Multiple watches can be paired with a single iPhone, but not the other way around. You will have to unpair it from the previous iPhone first. Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 8:02 PM in response to Mackenzie-a

Multiple watches can be paired with a single iPhone, but not the other way around. You will have to unpair it from the previous iPhone first. Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Jan 29, 2022 5:45 AM in response to Mackenzie-a

When you unpair your watch a backup of your health and fitness data is made automatically as long as the paired phone is signed into iCloud and the backup is uploaded to icloud,when you come to re-pair your watch you are asked if you want to set it it up as new or restore it from a backup,you choose restore from backup then all your health and fitness data is downloaded back to the phone and watch from the icloud backup and you carry on using your watch with all previous data intact.

Jan 29, 2022 6:23 AM in response to Community User

Thank you! are the phrases “erase” and “unpair” essentially the same? I don’t have my old iPhone that my watch is paired to so I’m going through the watch itself to unpair it’s and the only option is to erase all data. When I do that and then re pair to my current phone will the my recent backup my watch has still show up to install ?

Apple Watch App not allowed me to log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.