Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the auto launch of audio controls on new Apple watch 7/ios 8

On my series 5 apple watch I was able to turn off the auto launch of audio controls by doing the following :Watch App > Settings > General > Wake Screen,> turning off Auto-Launch Audio Apps. With the new watch and software update that option and series of menus is not available. Am I able to turn off this function. I hate having the audio controls auto launch. Thank you.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 2:13 PM

In order to turn of Auto-launching Apple Watch audio apps, follow these short steps:

• Open the Apple Watch app

• Tap on “Display & Brightness”

• Turn off “Auto-launch Audio Apps”

Your Watch should no longer open audio apps automatically unless you tap the apps icon, which still will appear at the top of the Apple Watch display as per-usual.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 2:13 PM in response to lrupp24

In order to turn of Auto-launching Apple Watch audio apps, follow these short steps:

• Open the Apple Watch app

• Tap on “Display & Brightness”

• Turn off “Auto-launch Audio Apps”

Your Watch should no longer open audio apps automatically unless you tap the apps icon, which still will appear at the top of the Apple Watch display as per-usual.

How do I turn off the auto launch of audio controls on new Apple watch 7/ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.