Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Screen Savers and Themes

Hello

New user of the latest Apple TV 4K and have a question about the screensaver function.

It appears that I have 4 theme options to choose from under the screensaver option in settings.

All 4 have "show" to the right of each theme.

However, none of those will appear when the screensaver actually kicks in.

All I get is the nighttime aerial city skyline of Los Angeles which appears to be on a loop.

It looks like it tries to change maybe to something else but it doesn't.

Other than the Los Angeles screensaver, does this model of Apple TV 4k come with any other preloaded screensavers?

Does my TV need to be 4K compatible..which it isn't.. in order to display any possible preloaded screensavers?

The Apple TV has the most current software.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 5:58 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 29, 2022 7:35 PM in response to P Fleming

Well, 2 months is certainly long enough to have seen several. weird.

I have the previous generation ATV4K (with the older remote) and when the screensaver is on I can swipe left or right on the remote's touchpad to switch through all of the available (currently downloaded) screensavers. A tap displays a description of what's displayed.

If it were me, and the right-left swipe/click doesn't show a few screen savers, I would deselect the City screensaver option, select download daily, restart the device and see what happens.

Jan 29, 2022 7:19 PM in response to bgmeek

I've had it for 2 months now.

I see where I have a few options regarding downloading screensavers and that they are big files.

I have the 32GB version TV so I probably won't be downloading very many or if any at all but was just wondering if there were any other than the Los Angeles one already preloaded and maybe I wasn't doing something right in accessing them.

Apple TV 4K Screen Savers and Themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.