Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is time machine backing up completely?

The time machine has a 2 TB external 3.0 USB drive attached to the main USB port of the mini. I have clicked backup now and setup automatic backups. The app seems to run and shows progress bars and finished. However, when I look at the preferences; I see Latest backup: None and Oldest Backup: None. Noticeably the Available space has decreased from what I assume was the first backup. Is the Time Machine really working? What about this is confusing? Everything. :) How can I see any of the backup files in case of a restore? Its all a bit black box and maybe I'm worried over nothing, But it sure doesn't seem to be working correctly. Thanks for any and all comments and support. :)

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:49 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 31, 2022 9:18 AM in response to tbirdvet

I have been doing your suggested action. I have even created a new external backup drive for Time Machine. It to seems to be doing it’s back ups but nothing is showing as far as completed back ups or those coming forward. I’m still trying to figure it out. I followed all of the help docs and insured I have the correct format a drive but it still seems inconsistent. I will continue checking this evening and reply with any status. Thank you

Is time machine backing up completely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.