Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDR Streaming with Disney+ on Safari

After getting tons of blooming and no peak brightness I realized that my content is not streaming in 4k HDR. I have searched all over and see nothing about this topic. Disney+ claims to automatically play at the best quality where Safari claims to support HDR. So what am I not doing correctly? Battery setting is not set to “optimize video streaming while on battery”.

I have been watching shows on my iPhone 13 Pro since I do not have a tv, and now that I finally was able to upgrade my computer I was hoping this would be a better viewing experience than my phone..

Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 5:32 PM

Unfortunately, Disney+ doesn’t support (at least to my eyes) 4K or HDR on the website using any browser. One workaround I found is to watch the Disney+ show or movie on an iPhone or iPad, then AirPlay it to the Mac. This feature requires macOS 12 Monterey FYI. Hope this helps!

1 reply

HDR Streaming with Disney+ on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.