Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari video quality problem

I cannot adjust the video quality of the TV shows and movies I watch on websites in Safari. I can't adjust the video quality on iPhone even with Safari or other web browsers, it automatically adjusts itself but I'm not using Wi-Fi, I'm using internet on my phone line and the video is 360p or 480p but the video is automatically set to 1080p. my phone is iPhone 7 Plus, my iOS version is 15.7. please help me.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 7:49 AM

I can't choose video quality in safari.

6 replies

Oct 17, 2022 6:59 AM in response to omerunyildiz

Greetings omerunyildiz,  

In order to resolve the issue with videos not loading correctly in Safari, complete the following steps: 

“Clear website data

You can clear website data occasionally to improve Safari performance.

1. Go to Settings > Safari.
  2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.” If Safari isn't loading websites or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Then, test to see if the videos load correctly. If not, consult the resource for other steps. 

We hope this helps, so that you can enjoy your videos. 

Best wishes. 

Oct 17, 2022 10:13 AM in response to omerunyildiz

Hello omerunyildiz,

If you feel that is the case, then you can report these kinds of things through the feedback page: Product Feedback - Apple

Otherwise, you can also try clearing the information the websites use in Safari which can sometimes resolve issues like this: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still have issues and want to continue troubleshooting, you can reach out to Apple directly here: Get Support

Cheers.

Oct 17, 2022 9:25 AM in response to omerunyildiz

Hey there omerunyildiz, 

Do you find this is only occurring when watching videos on a specific site? We ask, as the available video controls will vary based on how the site developer has the site set up. You'll want to check for the same behavior while watching video on another site. If isolated to the specific site, you'll want to contact support for the site to discuss potential solutions.  

Have a good one!

safari video quality problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.