Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods keep calling siri despite having play/pause option on and quality goes down

hi all! so like i said my airpods keep calling siri when i double tap them even though i have them set to play/pause. this problem only happens on my laptop, and to fix it i have to restart my laptop or forget the airpods which is a pain since i use them at school. when i know this is going to happen, when i connect my airpods the audio gets lower and more glitchy. if anyone has a fix for this please let me know!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:19 PM

NoorTheUnicorn Said:

"airpods keep calling siri despite having play/pause option on and quality goes down"

-------

Try Safe Mode:

Seeing that your Mac needs to be restarted, reboot, but this time in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 Seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac normally
  5. Try this Once More
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:19 PM in response to NoorTheUnicorn

NoorTheUnicorn Said:

"airpods keep calling siri despite having play/pause option on and quality goes down"

-------

Try Safe Mode:

Seeing that your Mac needs to be restarted, reboot, but this time in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 Seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac normally
  5. Try this Once More

airpods keep calling siri despite having play/pause option on and quality goes down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.