Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find scanner driver after downloading

I downloaded and installed Canoscan lide 110 driver (Ver.18.2.0) from Canon website to my new MacBook Pro but it is not showing in the printers & scanners. I also connected the scanner via USB-C but it is not detected.

Greatly appreciate your help. Many thanks.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:40 AM

The last drivers released by Canon for this device were for Catalina in Fall 2021. Canon shows no drivers available for Big Sur or Monterey, which likely are not compiled for Monterey on your new MacBook Pro.

The CanoScan LiDE 110 is fully supported without any Canon drivers when using the optional, paid VueScan Professional. You can download a trial of VueScan that probably will demonstrate what you need to know with respect to that software.

Though never compensated in any manner by the VueScan vendor, I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010 for use with a scanner that Canon had already abandoned, and that scanner still works today on Monterey using the current 64-bit version of VueScan Professional. I have never paid for a VueScan Professional update since purchase.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:40 AM in response to duckduckie

The last drivers released by Canon for this device were for Catalina in Fall 2021. Canon shows no drivers available for Big Sur or Monterey, which likely are not compiled for Monterey on your new MacBook Pro.

The CanoScan LiDE 110 is fully supported without any Canon drivers when using the optional, paid VueScan Professional. You can download a trial of VueScan that probably will demonstrate what you need to know with respect to that software.

Though never compensated in any manner by the VueScan vendor, I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010 for use with a scanner that Canon had already abandoned, and that scanner still works today on Monterey using the current 64-bit version of VueScan Professional. I have never paid for a VueScan Professional update since purchase.

Can't find scanner driver after downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.