Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac not accepting correct Apple ID password

I am trying to log into itunes on my Mac. A pop-up comes up asking for my apple ID login. Each time I enter my (correct) password, it just asks again/doesn't accept the log in credentials. My iphone works just fine with my apple ID. I went to appleid.apple.com and tried to reset my password and log on there. It sent a verification code to my phone, I typed that in on the website, and again I can log in there too. I typed in the new password on the popup for itunes, but it still won't accept my login.

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:03 PM

Hey marsikfromkyiv,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're unable to log into iTunes on your Mac. We are happy to help.

You mentioned you need a verification code to complete sign in of your Apple ID account. This makes us think perhaps you're running an older version of software on your Mac that doesn't provide you with a separate space to enter a verification code to finish signing in. If that's the case, check out the section titled, 'What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?' in this article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID. When you get to the field to enter your Apple ID password, "type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field." i.e. password123456 (no spaces).

If the above is not the scenario you're dealing with, these steps might help: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you need more help with this, feel free to reply back here.

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 12:03 PM in response to marsikfromkyiv

Hey marsikfromkyiv,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're unable to log into iTunes on your Mac. We are happy to help.

You mentioned you need a verification code to complete sign in of your Apple ID account. This makes us think perhaps you're running an older version of software on your Mac that doesn't provide you with a separate space to enter a verification code to finish signing in. If that's the case, check out the section titled, 'What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?' in this article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID. When you get to the field to enter your Apple ID password, "type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field." i.e. password123456 (no spaces).

If the above is not the scenario you're dealing with, these steps might help: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you need more help with this, feel free to reply back here.

Regards.

Mac not accepting correct Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.