Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel VS M1

Will I see much performance difference between a Mac mini on the Intel processor vs the M1? I didn't know they made the mini with Intel. I thought they were all M1. I mainly edit 2.7k video with Adobe premier pro and I use Adobe after effects too. After I left the Apple store I realized I had bought the Intel based Mac Mini. I have already spoke with someone at the store. I know Adobe had optimized some code in Premier Pro to run on the M1 so I pretty much know I want the M1 processor based Mac Mini but I wanted to get more opinions. Thank You

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:53 AM

For some raw performance numbers from Geekbench:

single core multicore

Base 2018 Intel Mini 998 4652

Maxed out i7 2018 Mini 1101 5486

M1 MacMini 1712 7426

2 replies

Jan 31, 2022 6:19 AM in response to woodmeister50

Super helpful and that is a pretty big difference, then knowing the code is optimized with the Adobe products. Yeah didn't even know why they made the Intel based. Why would they do that? SO you can run windows on it is the only reason I can think of. The intel one I bought has 8GB of ram and was $1099. They didn't have it in stock but I can get a 16GB M1 processor based Mac Mini for the same exact amount of money. Thanks , that defintely made the detail orientated person (me) see it clear as day.

Intel VS M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.