Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS issue on Apple watch

When I complete my workout using the native workout app of my Apple watch, I see that only the last part of the GPS route gets recorded. It shows that I have started the run midway while the distance shows complete distance. Seems like a GPS issue which is persisting since 2020. If I upload the data on Strava, Strava shows only the distance for which the GPS data is captured.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 8:18 AM

On the paired iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and verify that you turned on Location Services

Then, tap Location Services > Apple Watch Workout and choose While Using the App under Allow Location Access

Repeat the above step for Maps, so it’s also set to While Using the App

For iOS 14+, toggle on Precise Location

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 8:18 AM in response to adarshdeorah

On the paired iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and verify that you turned on Location Services

Then, tap Location Services > Apple Watch Workout and choose While Using the App under Allow Location Access

Repeat the above step for Maps, so it’s also set to While Using the App

For iOS 14+, toggle on Precise Location

GPS issue on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.