You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features and how to use your AirPods

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't charge airpods case from computer USB ports?

My airpod pro case doesn't want to charge off the USB ports on any computer, but my iphone charges just fine using the same port and cable. What's going on?

To be clear, the case does charge just fine from a wall outlet, just not from a pc port, what happens is that it will show charging for about 10-20 seconds, and then stop, however the percentage never increases.

Related topic with no answers here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7863289

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:36 PM

protango Said:

"Can't charge airpods case from computer USB ports?: My airpod pro case doesn't want to charge off the USB ports on any computer, but my iphone charges just fine using the same port and cable. What's going on? [...]the case does charge just fine from a wall outlet, just not from a pc port[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power:

A. Is this not a Mac? If so, contact the manufacturer, asking them for feedback. Probably a fluctuation in the power of the port.

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 3:36 PM in response to protango

protango Said:

"Can't charge airpods case from computer USB ports?: My airpod pro case doesn't want to charge off the USB ports on any computer, but my iphone charges just fine using the same port and cable. What's going on? [...]the case does charge just fine from a wall outlet, just not from a pc port[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power:

A. Is this not a Mac? If so, contact the manufacturer, asking them for feedback. Probably a fluctuation in the power of the port.

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Can't charge airpods case from computer USB ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.