Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move and organise apps from Dock?

Hi - I am using new macOS Monterey and not sure how to move and organise apps icons from the link?

In the past, I was able to drag and move but new macOS isn't allowing me. Also, if I click on "Command" button and try to drag or move apps from dock, it allows but able to set apps icon in left or right.

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 3:55 AM

You can’t move Applications to the right side of the Dock. That’s never been possible.

You should be able to just click and drag an app anywhere left of the divider.

There is a section just to the left of the divider that will show three recently opened apps which are not already in the Dock. You should still be able to move those. You cannot move app icons into that section.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 3:55 AM in response to Mizzion78

You can’t move Applications to the right side of the Dock. That’s never been possible.

You should be able to just click and drag an app anywhere left of the divider.

There is a section just to the left of the divider that will show three recently opened apps which are not already in the Dock. You should still be able to move those. You cannot move app icons into that section.

How to move and organise apps from Dock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.