Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit

I have been unsuccessful in inviting my wife to apple HomeKit. We have different apple iCloud accounts and when I invite her and we click accept on her phone or computer, we get a spinning wheel. That wheel spins for a few minutes and then it stops and the accept button reappears or a notice saying it was unsuccessful appears. I have invited her using her regular email and her iCloud email and no success with either account. Also, in my latest attempt our HomePod mini won’t play music anymore from my devices. I have an Apple Music subscription that is still active so I know it’s now a subscription problem.

This is starting to become very frustrating. Any way on how to fix this? Other threads haven’t produced solutions that have worked.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:26 AM

Click this link and make sure you've tried all of these steps to invite your wife: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208709

Also, in HomePod settings (press and hold the HomePod icon in the Home app and scroll down for settings), click on "Primary User" and make sure your Apple Music account is signed in.

Similar questions

1 reply

Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.