Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is AppleCare+ bought in US on Macbook Pro is valid in India for Hardware repair/replacement

Hi Team,

I hope you are doing good.

I recently bought M1 Macbook Pro 14'' in Nov 2021. Now after 1 year, I am planning to return back to India. In case, if I bought 3 year AppleCare+ plan in US. Will that work for me in India on US bought product. I mean in case of any hardware failure, will I get any repair/replacement warranty. Is their anyway to get this kind of warranty like 1 year in US and subsequent years in India.

Please give some clarity so I can make a decision.

Regards,

Shyajay

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:40 AM

Generally speaking, iPhone warranties are valid in the country of purchase, ONLY.

Generally speaking Mac warranties are valid through Apple-Authorized Service Providers and direct from Apple (by mail) throughout the world.

so the Mac warranty you purchased in the US SHOULD be honored in India, but you should look into how to obtain warranty service in your intended city.

if you scroll ALL the way down on most Apple web sites, the FLAG Icon or words describing 'what country' will appear in the extreme lower right. Click on it to change to India to check for service locations and options in India.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 8:40 AM in response to shyajay

Generally speaking, iPhone warranties are valid in the country of purchase, ONLY.

Generally speaking Mac warranties are valid through Apple-Authorized Service Providers and direct from Apple (by mail) throughout the world.

so the Mac warranty you purchased in the US SHOULD be honored in India, but you should look into how to obtain warranty service in your intended city.

if you scroll ALL the way down on most Apple web sites, the FLAG Icon or words describing 'what country' will appear in the extreme lower right. Click on it to change to India to check for service locations and options in India.

Is AppleCare+ bought in US on Macbook Pro is valid in India for Hardware repair/replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.