Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Pro MBP Audio issues (crackling, reproducible with other devices)

I'm having massive Audio issues with my M1 Pro MBP 14".

2 Problems (for one I have a workaround, but it's still annoying it exists in the first place). I'd appreciate if you could reproduce it for me and check if it's a global issue or only affects certain devices:

• Watching movies in the TV App in FULLSCREEN will make the audio go distorted, at the latest when you scrub a bit in the film timeline -> Hotfix for this is to go into Midi Setup settings (search midi on mac) and change the output format of your speakers from 44,1 to 48 kHz
  • 2nd problem which i cannot fix is that in almost any youtube video at the very first seconds there is always one audio crack (always at the exact same time in the video) for example check out the following video with safari .. at second 2, exactly when he says "ryan" there is an audio crack for me.. this has nothing to do with this particular video, it happens in almost any youtube video .. check second 2 please - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dedxf5dOzkY
  • I know the video is about the 2018 mbp, it doesnt matter, im talking about the 21 mbp, this happened in monterey 12.1 and now in 12.2 aswell.. does it happen for you aswell?

thanks for your help

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 10:17 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 2, 2022 8:52 AM in response to maefiosii

Hello maefiosii,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, it appears just YouTube videos have an audible crackling to them at the start of videos. We'll do what we can to help.

If it's just YouTube, it might be related to the cache/cookies of YouTube itself when it sends audio to the speakers. To verify this, check with another browser or clear history: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

If you still have the same issue, verify there are no settings on YouTube that need to be set for audio or reach out to Apple directly: Get Support

Take care.

M1 Pro MBP Audio issues (crackling, reproducible with other devices)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.