Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP 7100 printer no longer "available"?

I am on macOS 12.1 We have an HP 7100 printer, purchased from Apple in 2019, and working wonderfully with various macOS and iOS devices, always via wifi, until today.

Today, if I try to list printers in System Preferences, I am informed that "no printers are available". HP's Easy Start app finds "no devices". The HP Smart app could previously see the printer, but now says the printer is offline, even though it is powered up and ready to print. Everything looks completely normal at the printer control screen.

The iMac I am sitting at can see Bonjour printers back at the office, over a VPN connection, but can't see the HP sitting across the room, which makes me wonder if Bonjour on the HP is not working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:36 PM

That printer is not an Airprint printer

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Are you using the latest driver and firmware?

The latest drivers are dated Jan 22, 2022

and firmware dated Dec 3, 2021

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119

Have you reset the printing system and then try re-adding the printer?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Chris Jensen1

That printer is not an Airprint printer

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Are you using the latest driver and firmware?

The latest drivers are dated Jan 22, 2022

and firmware dated Dec 3, 2021

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119

Have you reset the printing system and then try re-adding the printer?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

Feb 1, 2022 1:55 PM in response to Chris Jensen1

Hi,

If this is the HP ENVY Photo 7100 All-in-One Printer series, do you have a specific 71xx model number?

Several models (from HP ENVY Photo 7110 All-In-One Printer to HP ENVY Photo 7176 All-In-One Printer) are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

Also, you may want to try the following power-cycling sequence:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iMac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iMac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Feb 1, 2022 1:45 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your reply.

> That printer is not an Airprint printer

Apparently not, though it was sold by Apple as a printer that would work with macOS and iOS, over wifi, which it did, until today.

> Have you reset the printing system and then try re-adding the printer?

Yes; as I mentioned, if I try to list printers in System Preferences, I am informed that "no printers are available".

> Are you using the latest driver and firmware?

I believe we are, though the HP Easy Start app, which might update either of those if needed, can't see the printer, which is powered on, connected to my wifi network (the same one the iMac is connected to), and is ready to go.

Feb 1, 2022 2:06 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for your reply

> do you have a specific 71xx model number?

When I could connect to it, the printer identified itself as an HP89A356 (ENVY Photo 7100 Series)

> Also, you may want to try the following power-cycling sequence:

I have power cycled the printer several times, with no change. It is invisible to several difference devices, macOS, iOS, and even a PC running Windows 10. I may not reboot my wifi router at the moment, but it is running flawlessly. (The printer no device can print to does connect to that router, by the way, as usual.)

Feb 26, 2022 8:53 AM in response to Chris Jensen1

Just to finish up the thread, within a week or so, the printer went from "no printers are available" on every device to functioning normally again, with apparently no human intervention required. Macs and other devices see it on our home wifi network again.

It's frustrating to not know what was going on, but at least it's working again, for the moment.

HP 7100 printer no longer "available"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.