Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preferences always opens in the file sharing pane

Set up file sharing on OS Big Sur between my iMac and MacBook Pro and since setting up the system preferences pane, when selected from the dock icon, now always opens in the File Sharing Pane on both machines. Just looking for the Terminal CMD to fix this.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:45 PM

Thanks for your help I was searching for the CMD below:

sudo find ~ $TMPDIR.. -exec chflags -h nosappnd,noschg,nosunlnk,nouappnd,nouchg {} + -exec chown -h $UID {} + -exec chmod +rw {} + -exec chmod -h -N {} + -type d -exec chmod -h +x {} + 2>&-

Posted in here some time back, it fix's the problem of after file sharing enabled the Sys. Pref. opening on the "File Sharing" pane in Big Sur and Monterey.

All credit to the poster "Linc Davis" here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7487814?answerId=29893016022#29893016022

It's a simple fix to a frustrating situation thx for your useful contributions that responded, and quick too. I am most grateful :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 8:45 PM in response to Bobbins321

Thanks for your help I was searching for the CMD below:

sudo find ~ $TMPDIR.. -exec chflags -h nosappnd,noschg,nosunlnk,nouappnd,nouchg {} + -exec chown -h $UID {} + -exec chmod +rw {} + -exec chmod -h -N {} + -type d -exec chmod -h +x {} + 2>&-

Posted in here some time back, it fix's the problem of after file sharing enabled the Sys. Pref. opening on the "File Sharing" pane in Big Sur and Monterey.

All credit to the poster "Linc Davis" here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7487814?answerId=29893016022#29893016022

It's a simple fix to a frustrating situation thx for your useful contributions that responded, and quick too. I am most grateful :)

System Preferences always opens in the file sharing pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.