Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Screen Seems Stuck, Announces Button Names But Won't Respond

I picked up my iPhone 13 Pro Max and discovered that when I attempted to touch the screen I only got the haptic motion from pressing the screen. I was not prompted to FaceID or a Passcode. I manually rebooted the phone (Pressing volume keys, up, down, and holding lock-key).

When it rebooted I am prompted to swipe up to unlock, but when I swipe I get no response. If I press the time that is displayed the phone announces it.

It also announces when I have no notifications. Other than that it is unresponsive.

When I do get to a "Passcode" screen, the phone announces "Passcode Field: 0 of 6 values Entered", but then when I press the numeric keys it announces the number, no value is entered.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:55 PM

Ok it appears the phone is stuck in "Voiceover Mode", how may device got in voice-over mode and the fact that there is no visual indication that this is what is going on or how to use the phone properly (Had to watch a YouTube video) is a mystery to me. Poor experience.

1 reply

iPhone 13 Screen Seems Stuck, Announces Button Names But Won't Respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.