Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods wont fast forward, only skip

When I double press the airpods (pro) in Apple Podcasts, they skip to the next podcast, rather than fast forward by 15 seconds as they would if I hit the button in the app. Essentially, they skip to next item, rather than fast forward…

The same happens with rewinding.

Any ideas on how I fix this?

I’m using Airpods pro and a 2020 Ipad pro.

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:51 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Apple_Man_873

Apple_Man_873 Said:

"Airpods wont fast forward, only skip"

-------

Use Skip:

The best you can do is skip or (maybe)backtrack, depending on your model. Fast forwarding (second-by-second) and rewinding (second-by-second) are apparently not an option. See here: Play audio on AirPods Max - Apple Support

See this Search Queue: fast forward

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: It seems this is a bug. So, it is best that you provide feedback on this is Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in model to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple - Support
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: That you want to be able to fast forward and rewind on AirPods. Include a link to this thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253629974)
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Airpods wont fast forward, only skip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.