Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods with Alarms or Timers

My AirPods stop playing music when alarms or timers go off. Once I stop the alarm/timer, the music resumes on the phone instead of the AirPods even the AirPods show they’re connected to Bluetooth. I have to disconnect the AirPods from Bluetooth and then reconnect them.

This is a recent issue and has not happened before. I have seen the other post with the same issue with no fix. Will there be an update to fix this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:49 AM

Hello JRich08,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Let's check to make sure your iPhone is up-to-date as this helps to keep your AirPods firmware updated as well. If you see an update available, be sure to complete a backup first so your information is safe and keep your AirPods connected to power afterwards to be sure the firmware update installs, if one is available. For assistance with either of these steps, check out the following resource: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In addition, try resetting the AirPods and pairing again to see if that helps to clear this up. If you need assistance with resetting your Airpods, check out this resource: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 8:49 AM in response to JRich08

Hello JRich08,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Let's check to make sure your iPhone is up-to-date as this helps to keep your AirPods firmware updated as well. If you see an update available, be sure to complete a backup first so your information is safe and keep your AirPods connected to power afterwards to be sure the firmware update installs, if one is available. For assistance with either of these steps, check out the following resource: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In addition, try resetting the AirPods and pairing again to see if that helps to clear this up. If you need assistance with resetting your Airpods, check out this resource: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Have a great day!

AirPods with Alarms or Timers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.