Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete a photo from an album and also from photostream

I use Photos to edit images of old photographs and also newspaper articles. I import them into Photos, clean them up and then export them to a folder on my MacBook. This all works very well, but I often times forget to delete the image from Photos. I decided to create an album and drag these images into that album. I went through a review process to make sure that I had indeed exported the image file and that it was stored properly where I wanted it outside of Photos. I then would select the image and do a Cntl-X to delete from the "review" album and paste it into another album that I created names "Images that can be deleted". That way, I didn't have duplicates between the 2 albums.

Now I want to delete the images in the "Images that can be deleted" album AND ALSO delete it from the Photo Library at the same time. I have searched and found various solutions, but I can't get them to work. When I delete the photo from the album, it is still in the Photo Library.

How can I delete it from the "Images that can be deleted" album and at the same time delete it from the Photo Library?

Thanks, John

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 6:49 AM

How have you been deleting from the album?

While viewing an album the delete key ⌫ will just remove the selected photos from the album, but keep them in the library and other albums. Hold down the command key ⌘ together with the delete key ⌫ when you want to delete photos. The additional ⌘ key changes the ⌫ command from "remove from Album" to "Delete photos".

Why did you mention "Photo Stream" in the title of the question?

Is "my Photo Stream" enabled? If you delete photos imported from my Photo Stream, they might just come back, if the photos are still in My Photo Stream.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 6:49 AM in response to ctoc000

How have you been deleting from the album?

While viewing an album the delete key ⌫ will just remove the selected photos from the album, but keep them in the library and other albums. Hold down the command key ⌘ together with the delete key ⌫ when you want to delete photos. The additional ⌘ key changes the ⌫ command from "remove from Album" to "Delete photos".

Why did you mention "Photo Stream" in the title of the question?

Is "my Photo Stream" enabled? If you delete photos imported from my Photo Stream, they might just come back, if the photos are still in My Photo Stream.

I want to delete a photo from an album and also from photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.