Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone screen is black, but I can still hear text messages, calls, etc.

I was wiping down my phone and then when I tried to charge it, a lightning connector warning showed up. I didn't think anything of it and continued charging which was dumb and careless of me. I tried force restarting it multiple times and it was still like that. I used another charger and charged my phone for a while and I turned it on. My screen wasn't black anymore, but there was a single pink line down the screen. I continued using my phone and then all of a sudden it glitched and turned off. I kept charging it using the undamaged charger and it keeps turning back on with that pink line and then shutting off and glitching. When the screen is black, there is a faint white light so I know when my phone is on the home screen and stuff. I also know where some apps are and clicked on those apps. The music from the apps played and everything it's just that my screen is messed up.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 6:59 AM

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  4. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 6:59 AM in response to _michere

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  4. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:

iPhone screen is black, but I can still hear text messages, calls, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.