Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eSim/Sim...Only one Works

eSim with Mint Mobile works, Sim with Red Pocket VZW does not; iOS 15.3

When eSim is turned off, and Sim turned on, I could not call out; I did not test for an incoming call. I removed Sim and inserted it into a flip-phone, and it works fine.

I'm using Google Voice via eSim number, which may not be related.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 8:25 AM

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 8:25 AM in response to 84B23F

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Feb 3, 2022 8:34 AM in response to SravanKrA

Primary: Mint Mobile (T-Mobile): eSim

Secondary: VZW (Redpocket) SIM

Apps: Mint, Google Voice

Mint has WiFi calling, so I reinserted VZW SIM, and turned off WiFi; attempting to call out with or without WiFi enabled via Secondary line only, I got the same response (see second Pic below)

With secondary only configured, I'm seeing "No Service" with or without WiFi (without a reboot).

With Pri/Sec turned on, I see "No Service" for Sec, but when iPhone is rebooted, both Pri/Sec are shown as working. Sec (VZW) has a WiFi symbol shown (first pic below) by it but WiFi is not possible with Red Pocket

Speculation, iPhone program assumes VZW service will have WiFi calling, which brings about this SNAFU. When I attempted to turn on WiFi calling for VZW (RedPocket) in settings, iPhone rejected, and indicated to call VZW.

I don't know if this is an iOS update issue, or specific to iPhone 13; I might setup iPhone 11, and if it works, send Apple back this iPhone 13 to Apple. Hello Apple, can this issue be resolved?

eSim/Sim...Only one Works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.