Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit Home Screen isn’t working

I have the iPhone eight iOS 15 and when I hold down on an app it does not show up as edit Home Screen or delete app so I cannot delete or rearrange apps, add widgets etc. I have deleting apps on in settings and everything nothing is working

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 11:18 AM

Hi Gd33g, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues deleting and arranging apps.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have Content & Privacy Restrictions enabled?

You can confirm this by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Also, do you see a category called "Profile" under Settings > General?

In the meantime, we recommend that you make sure that you check for a software update.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 11:18 AM in response to Gd33g

Hi Gd33g, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues deleting and arranging apps.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have Content & Privacy Restrictions enabled?

You can confirm this by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Also, do you see a category called "Profile" under Settings > General?

In the meantime, we recommend that you make sure that you check for a software update.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Edit Home Screen isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.