Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password incorrect- didn't even enter a password

When trying to connect my apple tv to my iPhone hotspot, the error message "Password incorrect- 100" pops up when I select my iPhone wifi as the source. It doesn't default to a password screen to allow me to enter a password, just automatically shows the "incorrect" message. I've tried resetting the appletv, restoring factory settings, everything I can think of... still error message. Any help?

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:47 AM

What is your model iPhone? Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

iPhone 12 or later has a Maximize Compatibility settings for hotspot. Try that.

If you can, test a hotspot from a different phone. If it connects, then you’ll know that the issue was the hotspot, not the Apple TV box.

2 replies

Feb 3, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Urquhart1244

iPhone 12 running 15.2.1. I attempted to connect with my wife's phone as a hot spot and we got the same "incorrect password" error without being able to enter the password. I have another device, called a Karma, and it connects to this device. Unfortunately, there are places we go where the iPhone has service and the Karma doesn't, so we occasionally need the iPhone to act as a hotspot. The iPhone works as a hotspot for my laptop. I'm just trying to decide if this is an iPhone issue (doesn't seem like it) or an Apple TV issue.

I have tried swithing the Maximize Compatibility setting; it makes no difference with the error message.

Password incorrect- didn't even enter a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.