Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music and I tunes

how can I permanently delete music from i tunes or apple music so it doesn't transfer over with new device and I no longer have it in my catalog. I tried to delete albums and songs but it only allows me to hide not permanently delete.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:58 AM

Your past purchases cannot be deleted from your purchase history, but instead can be hidden. This stops them showing automatically when you're signed into your Apple ID. Content that wasn't purchased can be delete without needing to be hidden. If you have Apple Music or iTunes Match and you have downloaded copies of content that hasn't come from an Apple Music subscription in more than one library then you might need to repeat the deletions in each copy of the library. See the description of the Removed status in Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 8:58 AM in response to bschendengold

Your past purchases cannot be deleted from your purchase history, but instead can be hidden. This stops them showing automatically when you're signed into your Apple ID. Content that wasn't purchased can be delete without needing to be hidden. If you have Apple Music or iTunes Match and you have downloaded copies of content that hasn't come from an Apple Music subscription in more than one library then you might need to repeat the deletions in each copy of the library. See the description of the Removed status in Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support.

tt2

Apple music and I tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.