Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with wrist detection and heart rate sensor - Apple Watch series 4

Wrist detection isn't working at all neither does the unlock with iPhone feature.Also, when I measure my heart rate without touching the crown, it is always 60-70 bpm, no matter if I'm at the gym or in the bed. Does anybody have these issue and are they software related? Thanks in advance!

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:20 AM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, make sure you are not in Theater Mode:

Use Control Center on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 10:20 AM in response to sengoball

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, make sure you are not in Theater Mode:

Use Control Center on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Feb 3, 2022 10:46 AM in response to javaliga

Sorry I didn't mention it, I have done everything. I have unpaired and repaired the watch. Reset both apple watch and iPhone 12. Talked with apple care and they did a diagnosis and everything was fine, however I think that the diagnosis showed that everything is working, not that everything is working correctly. The only solution they offered me is to let them check it themselves, which is what i'll do most probably.

Problem with wrist detection and heart rate sensor - Apple Watch series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.