Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook M1 MAX late 2021 no chime sound on startup

I'm using now for a month my new Macbook M1 Max 64Gb Ram 1Tb a week ago the chime sound on startup, mysteriously stopped. I did search for some possible causes, looked into sound preferences and did a nvram reset, unfortunately chime still missing. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 11:50 PM

Turn the Mac startup sound on or off

Use Sound preferences to turn the startup sound (chime) on or off.

Depending on which Mac and macOS you're using, you might hear a startup sound shortly after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac. 

With macOS Big Sur 11 or later, you can control whether your Mac plays this sound at startup. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Sound Effects pane, use the “Play sound on startup” setting to turn the startup sound on or off.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 11:50 PM in response to arli36

Turn the Mac startup sound on or off

Use Sound preferences to turn the startup sound (chime) on or off.

Depending on which Mac and macOS you're using, you might hear a startup sound shortly after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac. 

With macOS Big Sur 11 or later, you can control whether your Mac plays this sound at startup. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Sound Effects pane, use the “Play sound on startup” setting to turn the startup sound on or off.

Axel F.

Macbook M1 MAX late 2021 no chime sound on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.