Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Adobe Photoshop CS5 on 2021 MacBook Pro

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 on a Windows laptop. I have the discs and serial number. Today I placed an order for a 2021 MacBook Pro (delivery 5 to 6 weeks!) My question is will I be able to use the programme on the new MacBook? I tried looking through existing questions and answers but there didn’t appear to be a specific answer. Of course, this may be due to being a novice first time MacBook user 😊

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

Christine

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:29 PM

Thank you for responding, Adam. I’ve not heard of Parallels but I don’t think I’d want to run an older version of Mac OS simply on general principles. It may be simpler to keep the old Windows laptop to continue using the programme. However, I do appreciate your kindness in answering my question.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 1:29 PM in response to avanspro

Thank you for responding, Adam. I’ve not heard of Parallels but I don’t think I’d want to run an older version of Mac OS simply on general principles. It may be simpler to keep the old Windows laptop to continue using the programme. However, I do appreciate your kindness in answering my question.

Feb 3, 2022 1:12 PM in response to picazorra

This might help and you might be able to find a dmg installer from your Adobe account or elsewhere.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/install-creative-suite-5.html

However CS5 is about 11 years old and not compatible with the latest Mac OS Monterey.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253376214

Maybe you could get Parallels installed and run an old version of Mac OS?

Hope that is helpful,

Adam

Using Adobe Photoshop CS5 on 2021 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.