Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an iPhone - mobile data

Hi all,

I was considering buying an iPhone 13 from the Apple website and was wondering how do I select how much mobile data I would like? Mobile data is a key feature I need for going out and about texting people.

If I can't organise this on the Apple website itself, what would I do when I have the iPhone 13 itself? I must have mobile data.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:41 PM

You cannot. Apple does not handle you cellular connection if you do specific types with your carrier. When you choose a specific carrier when you purchase from Apple, that is just to select the particular phone model. All of the carrier activation is handled by the carrier. Here in the US, most people that purchase carrier specific phones have existing contract, or are out of contract and have a monthly plans as opposed to pay as you go plans. If you have a pay as you go SIM, then you order a SIM free device when you purchase from Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 3:41 PM in response to MascotOfficial

You cannot. Apple does not handle you cellular connection if you do specific types with your carrier. When you choose a specific carrier when you purchase from Apple, that is just to select the particular phone model. All of the carrier activation is handled by the carrier. Here in the US, most people that purchase carrier specific phones have existing contract, or are out of contract and have a monthly plans as opposed to pay as you go plans. If you have a pay as you go SIM, then you order a SIM free device when you purchase from Apple.

Buying an iPhone - mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.