Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep my photos on my iPad and not use the cloud?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:48 PM

iCloud is a syncing service for photos. This means that the photos that you see on your iPad are the photos that are on iCloud. The iCloud does not have more or less photos than your iPad. Both sides are the same. Delete a photo on the iPad and it gets deleted on iCloud and vice versa.

Here is what you can do to ensure that all your photos are on the iPad before you cut off iCloud for Photos.

1. Open Settings ➡️ Photos ➡️ Download and Keep Originals - Ensure that this has a check mark next to it. Once you have ensured that it does then move the next step.
  2. Settings ➡️ Photos ➡️ ICloud Photos: Set this to OFF.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 8:48 PM in response to Photomanagementonipadonly

iCloud is a syncing service for photos. This means that the photos that you see on your iPad are the photos that are on iCloud. The iCloud does not have more or less photos than your iPad. Both sides are the same. Delete a photo on the iPad and it gets deleted on iCloud and vice versa.

Here is what you can do to ensure that all your photos are on the iPad before you cut off iCloud for Photos.

1. Open Settings ➡️ Photos ➡️ Download and Keep Originals - Ensure that this has a check mark next to it. Once you have ensured that it does then move the next step.
  2. Settings ➡️ Photos ➡️ ICloud Photos: Set this to OFF.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.