Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TV 4K LG

Can I use the 4K Apple TV with a LG monitor (only monitor, no tv, no remote controller)? Does the remote controller work (also for switch on/off the monitor)?

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:03 PM

Check that particular LG monitor's owner's manual to confirm it supports CEC (HDMI CEC). Fyi, CEC allows control (powering the TV on/Off) to be sent over the HDMI connection from the AppleTV to the monitor.

Fyi 1, I've seen on Samsung its CEC called AnytimeNet. LG may have their own name for CEC.

Fyi 2, I've seen monitors who only support CEC over a specific HDMI port.

Fyi 3, In the AppleTV Settings, Remote and Devices>Control TVs and receivers should be set to on.

Fyi 4, Powering your Monitor/TV by pressing the Siri Remote power button only uses CEC.* Siri Remote does not send IR when pressing the power button. This means you must have CEC with your monitor or you will need to use the Monitor's own remote for power on/off, or in your case you'd have to manually press the Monitor power button.

(* if this has changed I am not aware of it).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 4:03 PM in response to Mondus

Check that particular LG monitor's owner's manual to confirm it supports CEC (HDMI CEC). Fyi, CEC allows control (powering the TV on/Off) to be sent over the HDMI connection from the AppleTV to the monitor.

Fyi 1, I've seen on Samsung its CEC called AnytimeNet. LG may have their own name for CEC.

Fyi 2, I've seen monitors who only support CEC over a specific HDMI port.

Fyi 3, In the AppleTV Settings, Remote and Devices>Control TVs and receivers should be set to on.

Fyi 4, Powering your Monitor/TV by pressing the Siri Remote power button only uses CEC.* Siri Remote does not send IR when pressing the power button. This means you must have CEC with your monitor or you will need to use the Monitor's own remote for power on/off, or in your case you'd have to manually press the Monitor power button.

(* if this has changed I am not aware of it).

APPLE TV 4K LG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.