Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 8.4.1 issue with Handoff

Since upgrading my Apple Watch Series 6 to watchOS 8.4.1, when I get a phone call and answer it on my iPhone, my Apple Watch continues ringing for as long as seven seconds before its display notes that Handoff was completed.

In other words, as I'm starting a conversation on my iPhone, my Apple Watch continues ringing in the background, right next to both my ear and the iPhone speaker. ("No, sorry, that's my Apple Watch, unaware that we've been on the phone for five seconds already...")

Anyone else having this issue?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:30 AM

First try to hard reset your Apple Watch by pressing simultaneously the Digital Crown and the side button until the Apple logo appears. If this isn’t fixing the issue, unpair and pair your Watch again.

1 reply

watchOS 8.4.1 issue with Handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.