Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green line appears on screen

On my MacBook Pro 2017 Retina display I have this small green line appearing on the left side of the screen. The line comes and goes and some times when I click on it it goes away. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:44 PM

Usually a vertical line like that is due to a hardware issue with the Display Assembly. There are two ways you can confirm.

1. Take a screenshot, then view it making sure to move the picture off center so you can see whether the line exists.
  2. Connect an external display and enable mirroring.

If you do not see the vertical line on the external display or in the screenshot (remember to move the picture slightly off center), then there is a hardware issue with the built-in Display Assembly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 3:44 PM in response to Computer_user1

Usually a vertical line like that is due to a hardware issue with the Display Assembly. There are two ways you can confirm.

1. Take a screenshot, then view it making sure to move the picture off center so you can see whether the line exists.
  2. Connect an external display and enable mirroring.

If you do not see the vertical line on the external display or in the screenshot (remember to move the picture slightly off center), then there is a hardware issue with the built-in Display Assembly.

Green line appears on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.