Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Pixma MG 5300 series Cannon printer to My MaxbookPro?

My Pixma MG5300 Cannon printer was working but needs to update with the MacBookpro computer

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 5:08 PM

Hi,

You have posted this in the macOS 10.13 High Sierra area. Is this the operating system used with the MacBook Pro computer in question, or do you have a more modern version?

Also, does your MG5300 series printer have a specific MG53xx model number?

The following models are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as printers with support for the driverless AirPrint technology:

• Canon MG5310
  • Canon MG5320
  • Canon MG5330
  • Canon MG5340
  • Canon MG5350
  • Canon MG5370
  • Canon MG5380

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 5:08 PM in response to Zelda-

Hi,

You have posted this in the macOS 10.13 High Sierra area. Is this the operating system used with the MacBook Pro computer in question, or do you have a more modern version?

Also, does your MG5300 series printer have a specific MG53xx model number?

The following models are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as printers with support for the driverless AirPrint technology:

• Canon MG5310
  • Canon MG5320
  • Canon MG5330
  • Canon MG5340
  • Canon MG5350
  • Canon MG5370
  • Canon MG5380

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

How do I connect my Pixma MG 5300 series Cannon printer to My MaxbookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.