Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Note files are missing and not in Recently Deleted

I noticed today that in my iPhone's Notes app, which I had around 100 saved notes, only 11 are now showing in the iCloud folder. There is 1 file in the Recently Deleted, and I can confirm that I did delete this file, but none of the missing Note files are showing here.

I believe my notes were always saved to the iCloud folder, as the "On My iPhone" option was never selected in Settings. I have never saved notes to my connected email account. iPhone Storage shows the Notes app is taking up 36MB on the iPhone. Logging into my iCloud account from a separate computer, the Notes also only shows the same 11 files.

I access my notes almost everyday and know the missing notes were there this week, so I am within the 30 days in case they might have accidently been deleted, but they are not in the Recently Deleted folder, so I do not believe this is the case.

Resetting the iPhone did not fix the missing notes and I am not sure what the next step I should try is.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 6:37 PM

See if this link helps...

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

iPhone Note files are missing and not in Recently Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.