Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue connecting my Epson ET-4850 with my MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:00 PM

11 replies

Feb 6, 2022 7:38 AM in response to msbrenie

You could perhaps have a quick look at the printer's control panel in order to rule out that a setting there possibly would prevent AirPrint from working.

Also, it would probably be correct to assume that you have checked whether a recent printer firmware update has been made available.

Feb 5, 2022 6:18 AM in response to msbrenie

Hi,

The Epson ET-4850 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey). This means that you should be able to use this model without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Similarly, the iPhone should work OK if connected to that network.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may want to try the following procedure in the exact order:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the computer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on the iPhone and all other devices/computers.

Feb 5, 2022 6:36 AM in response to msbrenie

Good luck. There isn't anything about AirPrint you can troubleshoot anyway; it either works or it doesn't. The message "No AirPrint printers found" means exactly that... it might as well not be there.

Confirm the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your Mac. Hopefully that's just stating the obvious.

For what it's worth Epson isn't my favorite printer manufacturer these days. Brother first, Canon close second, Epson a distant third.

Feb 6, 2022 9:05 AM in response to msbrenie

In some cases, the issue is that MacOS can not FIND the printer.

Your Printer must also be visible your home network to begin with. To connect over Wi-Fi, the Printer needs to know three things:

1) what network-name is it supposed to join

2) what is the password to get on that network

3) how is it supposed to get an IP address (DHCP or manual at a specified address)

There are basically two ways to get these into the Printer:

a) fat-finger it in through the printer's "front panel"

b) connect using a USB cable first, tell it the stuff, then disconnect the cable

without all three of these, it can't join your home network, so it can't be 'discovered'.

MacOS has a great feature called Discovery protocol. It uses IPv6 set to "link-local only" to snoop around you local network and discover Printers, File sharing , and similar resources.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.