Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've lost scaled resolutions options with Monterey 12.2 update

Hi,

Since I updated my Macbook pro to Mac os Monterey 12.2, I lost the scaled resolutions options in the system preferences.

Now instead I can directly choose resolutions but either all the elements are too small with (5120 x 1440) or they are too big with (3360 x 945), the other options are good but everything is blurry (no hidpi resolution)

does anyone know how to make the classic options appear again (larger text -> default <- more space) ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 2:40 AM

People, don't waste your time following the 'support 101' recommendations made here, i.e. rebooting into safe mode, and especially not re-installing the OS – there are other similar reports online, this is simply a REPEAT issue that Apple seemingly systematically throws out there with the OS update, wasting everyone's time AGAIN and somehow being incapable of putting a future-safe remedy in place.

@Apple – Well done, another FAIL.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 2:40 AM in response to jb-thery

People, don't waste your time following the 'support 101' recommendations made here, i.e. rebooting into safe mode, and especially not re-installing the OS – there are other similar reports online, this is simply a REPEAT issue that Apple seemingly systematically throws out there with the OS update, wasting everyone's time AGAIN and somehow being incapable of putting a future-safe remedy in place.

@Apple – Well done, another FAIL.

Feb 5, 2022 2:38 AM in response to jb-thery

When I depress and hold Option key on my Mac and then click on Scaled it toggles between the two modes in your images.

SInce that does not happen for you:

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Feb 7, 2022 12:33 AM in response to lllaass

I tried to restart in safe mode, I also tried to completely reinstall mac os but the problem is still there.

Apparently there is a problem with the 12.2 update with the external screens and the resolutions, by searching on google more and more problems come up with this update and the screens.

For my part before I could have a zoomed resolution which was perfect (as in the second image that I sent), I think it corresponded to 4096 x 1152, the problem is since the update it is the only non hidpi resolution (everything is blurry)

I'm disgusted :(

I've lost scaled resolutions options with Monterey 12.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.