Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner doesn't work anymore after 12.2 upgrade

After upgrading to Monterey 12.2 my scanner (Epson WF-2810) doesn't work anymore. Was working flawlessly with 12.1

I've already tried to reset printing system, uninstalling and reinstalling, but without luck. Printer works without issues over Airprint.

Any suggestion? Anyone else having the issue?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 11:23 AM

I was skeptical as Epson drivers are shown compatible only with Intel processors, and largely outdated, but actually the "Epson Scan 2" utility works. It is a little buggy and hasn't all the features of native OS scanning, but it can be OK.

Thanks for the suggestion.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 11:23 AM in response to lllaass

I was skeptical as Epson drivers are shown compatible only with Intel processors, and largely outdated, but actually the "Epson Scan 2" utility works. It is a little buggy and hasn't all the features of native OS scanning, but it can be OK.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Feb 5, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Emyl

I am sorry you are having scanner problems. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then a new OS compliant scanner software must be installed. Experience has shown that some printer/scanner manufacturers are very slow to provide updated software. What you can do is to thoroughly check the vendor's web site for updated compliant software that works. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

Feb 5, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Ronasara

Thanks for your suggestions. As you said, vendor software is outdated, I'll try to contact support but I have little hope.

Image Capture doesn't work, instead I tried VueScan ad it works. It annoys me a lot to buy a software for something that used to work with native OS features, but I see no other option at the moment.

Thanks again.

Scanner doesn't work anymore after 12.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.