Canon TS3522 only offers print since Ventura OS update

I have a 1 yr old Canon TS3522 PIXMA scanner/printer that suddenly will no longer show up as a scanner, only offers printing mode since I updated to Ventura OS. I reinstalled driver and FINALLY got it to print after 5 HOURS, but POOF the scanner part has just completely disappeared. I cannot find any option to scan with it whatsoever and I am at my wits end. Anyone?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 11, 2023 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 7:28 PM

Printing and Scanning require different drivers. Unless Canon provides a utility to scan, you would need to get an ICA driver for that machine. The Canon website only shows it as having their own scanning utility. It is quite odd that the description states it lets you scan through AirPrint. AirPrint, as its name implies, is a print driver, not a scanner driver.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Perkinsmaid

Printing and Scanning require different drivers. Unless Canon provides a utility to scan, you would need to get an ICA driver for that machine. The Canon website only shows it as having their own scanning utility. It is quite odd that the description states it lets you scan through AirPrint. AirPrint, as its name implies, is a print driver, not a scanner driver.

Canon TS3522 only offers print since Ventura OS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.