Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usually highly dependable Brother PTouch Editor immediately crashes on opening after installing Monterey 12.2

After installing Monterey 12.2 today the Brother printer software for my P Touch QL 570 label printer which I have used through many OS updates immediately crashes on attempting to open. Installed QL 570 firmware patch from Brother website for 12.2. Brother advises all other applicable latest running and operating software (PTouch editor) is now only available free from the Apple store. I already had the latest version of that before Monterey installed, but after it repeatedly crashed I deleted and downloaded it again.That did not solve the problem. Latest software available through Apple store was last revised 7 months ago. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Currently using a Brother QL-500 with P-Touch Editor 5.3.6 from the app store on Monterey 12.2 without issue.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and make sure P-Touch Editor has been granted Full Disk Access and access to Files and Folders:

MtD

2 replies

Usually highly dependable Brother PTouch Editor immediately crashes on opening after installing Monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.