Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching user ID's without password.

Why does apple act like another administrative user I allow on my laptop is a security threat to my account? I want to switch back and forth between my gf's and my accounts without a password, fingerprint only please. Why not give me this choice? Its not somebody that lives in my house im worried about keeping out of my laptop apple.

I see in other posts people like to say but why don't you just share one account then?

Yea, ummm we have separate phone numbers (texts) and separate email accounts, so please slow your fingers down.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:19 PM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:19 PM in response to Bdanner302

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Switching user ID's without password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.