Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 100009

Hi! I get an error code 100009 when copying an 815GB folder with music and video files (which I use for iTunes) from one external HDD to another, and the copying stops. I use a Mac Mini late 2014, still on Mojave. External HDDs are 2~3 years old. I have not encountered this kind of error and would appreciate any ideas on fixes. Thanks in advance, from Tokyo.

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:13 PM

I have the feeling this error has to do with memory. Especially if you are trying to move the 815 GB folder at once. This would have to do with how much free memory you have before you start. Even if you have no open apps running you Mac mini is still using memory running background programs. If you are able to turn of some of them it might help. One place is in system preference Users & Groups,Login Items. You can click on the item and then the minus at the bottom. It does not delete the program ,it just stops it from losing in at startup.http://macfixguides.com/fix-error-100009-on-mac.html

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:13 PM in response to Ateneo77

I have the feeling this error has to do with memory. Especially if you are trying to move the 815 GB folder at once. This would have to do with how much free memory you have before you start. Even if you have no open apps running you Mac mini is still using memory running background programs. If you are able to turn of some of them it might help. One place is in system preference Users & Groups,Login Items. You can click on the item and then the minus at the bottom. It does not delete the program ,it just stops it from losing in at startup.http://macfixguides.com/fix-error-100009-on-mac.html

Error code 100009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.