Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps trying to control my searches

Why does Safari keep trying to control my searches it’s causing me a lot of problems and I prefer DuckDuck go even changing it too Safari it’s so annoying Please help it’s about choice isn’t it?? Also often stated that I’m on a Mac when I only have this iPad. For instance when I sign in to Twitter am often emailed to be told that someone has signed in on a Mac…..yes me,on my I pad ,what’s happening I’ve never owned a Mac I’m still learning but…..grateful for any help…thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, 15

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:56 PM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2022 6:50 PM in response to leenme

Use Voice Control to interact with iPad

You can control iPad with just your voice. Speak commands to perform gestures, interact with screen elements, dictate and edit text, and more.

Set up Voice Control

Before you turn on Voice Control for the first time, make sure iPad is connected to the internet over a Wi-Fi network. After iPad completes a one-time file download from Apple, you don’t need an internet connection to use Voice Control.

1. Go to Settings  > Accessibility > Voice Control.
  2. Tap Set Up Voice Control, then tap Continue to start the file download.
  3. When the download is complete, appears in the status bar to indicate Voice Control is turned on.
  4. Set options such as the following:
    • Language: Set the language and download languages for offline use.
    • Customize Commands: View the available commands and create new commands.
    • Vocabulary: Teach Voice Control new words.
    • Show Confirmation: When Voice Control recognizes a command, a visual confirmation appears at the top of the screen.
    • Play Sound: When Voice Control recognizes a command, an audible sound is played.
    • Show Hints: See command suggestions and hints.
    • Overlay: Display numbers, names, or a grid over screen elements.
    • Attention Aware: On an iPad with Face ID, Voice Control wakes up when you look at your iPad and goes to sleep when you look away.

Turn Voice Control on or off

After you set up Voice Control, you can turn it on or off quickly by using any of the following methods:

• Activate Siri and say “Turn on Voice Control.”
  • Say “Turn off Voice Control.”
  • Add Voice Control to Accessibility….

# Manage the apps that you use with Sign in with Apple

When you use Sign in with Apple, you can sign in to participating third-party apps and websites with your Apple ID. Learn how to view and manage the apps that you use with Sign in with Apple.

View the apps using your Apple ID

To see a list of the apps that you're currently using with Sign in with Apple and manage your preferences for each one, go to Apple ID settings on your device or sign in to your Apple ID account page. Learn more about Sign in with Apple

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app, then tap your name.
  2. Tap Password & Security.
  3. Tap Apps Using Your Apple ID.

On your Mac

1. Choose Apple  menu, then click System Preferences.
  2. Click Apple ID, then choose Password & Security.
  3. Click Edit.

Manage your apps

In your Apple ID account settings, you see a list of apps that you use with Sign in with Apple. To view the information you originally shared with an app, select any app in the list. You can also view a link to the app's Privacy Policy or Terms & Conditions.

If you chose to hide your email address from an app and use our private email relay service, you can turn off email forwarding to your personal email address. You can also choose to stop using your Apple ID with app or website.

Or u can turn off email forwarding option

to stop emails sent by a particular developer from reaching your personal inbox, turn off Forward To, then select Stop. Emails aren't forwarded to your personal inbox unless you turn email forwarding back on.

Change your forwarding address

If you use Hide My Email with a developer, you can change the email address that receives forwarded messages from that developer. You can select any email address you have on file in your Apple ID account:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings, then tap [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email, then tap Forward to under Hide My Email.
  3. Choose the address you want emails to be forwarded to.

When you choose the email address, this applies to email from all apps and developers using Hide My Email.

Stop using your Apple ID with an app

To stop using your Apple ID with an app, select Stop Using Apple ID, then choose Stop Using.

When you stop using your Apple ID with an app, you're signed out of the app on your device. The next time you visit the app or its associated website, you can either select Sign in with Apple to sign in again, or create a new account.

If you choose to use Sign in with Apple again, you're signed in to the same account you previously used. Some apps might let you create a new password for your existing account so you can sign in again without using your Apple ID.

Some developers might use Sign in with Apple to give you an account for more than one app. If that's the case and you turn off email forwarding or stop using your Apple ID for one app, it applies to all apps from that developer.

Any further query

Hope this will work.

Thanks

Safari keeps trying to control my searches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.