Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge iPhone 13 using MacBook Pro 16 2021 140w charger.

Hello, I have just bought an iPhone 13 and a MacBook Pro 16. The latter comes with a 140w power adapter. I wonder if it is recommended in the long run to charge the iPhone with this adapter ( I know it is supposed to deliver the right amount of power but still…), or if I’d better buy a 20w charger. I have seen this page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208137 where the adapter recommended are up to 96w only.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 2:16 AM

The charger doesn’t “push” power; it just supplies the power “drawn” by the device.

You can use it, without any harms to your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

Feb 6, 2022 2:18 AM in response to iugigiugiugiug

Watt  is like how fast your car can drive, but the

speed limit is how fast your car do drive

the iphone draw as much current as it was build to use when charging, the fact that

a charger can provide a lot more just means it's not having its full capacitive

used

so as long as it's no higher than 5volts and the connector fits and it's minimum 5

watt then it could be 5GigaWatt without problems

Charge iPhone 13 using MacBook Pro 16 2021 140w charger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.