Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro MBP2019 echo issue on MS Teams

I saw a few threads on this but no resolution… are folks still having echo issues using Airpods (Pro) and MS Teams on a MBP2019? This happens after about 10mins into the call, participants report echo and garbled voices from my line. No issues when I use my iPhone, this only happens when using AirPods connected to my MBP. Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 1:58 PM

Roma2009 Said:

"AirPod Pro MBP2019 echo issue on MS Teams: [...]No issues when I use my iPhone, this only happens when using AirPods connected to my MBP. Thanks!"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac Volume:

What to Try:

• Raise the Volume: If sound is not working, then raise the volume.

• Remove External Devices: Verify what your output item is. Also, disable Bluetooth, if enabled.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

• Create a New Administrator:

See if creating and logging in as a new administrator does the trick. There may be something misconfigured in your current user - something that is getting in the way. Go to: System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock > Click: "+" > Create the new administrator

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Roma2009

Roma2009 Said:

"AirPod Pro MBP2019 echo issue on MS Teams: [...]No issues when I use my iPhone, this only happens when using AirPods connected to my MBP. Thanks!"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac Volume:

What to Try:

• Raise the Volume: If sound is not working, then raise the volume.

• Remove External Devices: Verify what your output item is. Also, disable Bluetooth, if enabled.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

• Create a New Administrator:

See if creating and logging in as a new administrator does the trick. There may be something misconfigured in your current user - something that is getting in the way. Go to: System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock > Click: "+" > Create the new administrator

AirPod Pro MBP2019 echo issue on MS Teams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.